On Oct 1, 2004, at 4:18 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

Viv Kendon wrote:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Martin Costabel wrote:
[]
adds only '-ldf' to the LIBS list. The one-liner

perl -pi.bak -e "s|LIB_HDF\=.*ldf.*|LIB_HDF='-ldf -lz -ljpeg'|g" configure.ac

added to the beginning of the dx.info CompileScript makes dx build
correctly.
[]
Thanks for all this sleuthing, but I'm not sure what I
should do to get dx to build on my system.

If you want to fix it yourself, edit the file dx.info in /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/finkinfo/sci/ and add the line I gave after the line starting with "CompileScript:". I'll leave it to the maintainer (Jeremy) to find a better fix and to put a fixed version into the distribution.

Right. I've added the necessary line to configure.ac. Seems to work, although I'm presently downloading hdf sample imagery to confirm that it doesn't break the hdf libraries in the process. I'm also switching over to openmotif3, as lesstif has some niggling bugs. Any other small bugfix requests before I upload the fix to the tracker?

Then, I'll try to work out the 64 bit problems. Anybody have a g5 I could borrow? :)

Apologetically
Jeremy Erwin