Am 23.11.2004 um 07:46 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

[...]
  bash$ dpkg --get-selections >fink.selections
this gives a list of packages and whether you want them to be installed
or uninstalled.

To restore state, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe this:
  bash$ dpkg --set-selections < fink.selections
  bash$ sudo dselect select
  (type <space> to get out of the help, then Q to exit)
  bash$ sudo dselect install
That works great! Thank you. I installed all my previously installed software yust by hitting enter.
No problems at all .
I wish other software would be as easy to reinstall and/or to maintain as fink-software.
Many thanks again to you fink-people.

HP