Having qt3 installed, compiling soqt21-1.2.0-1 gives:

> checking install sanity... bogus
> The configure script picked out Qt's install program when trying to
> find the system-wide install program.  This probably happened because
> you have QTDIR/bin too early in the path.  During installation, you
> would run into serious problems because of this.
>
> Fix your PATH variable so the system-wide install program is found
> instead of the Qt installer and re-run configure.
>
> configure: error: aborting
> ### execution of ./configure failed, exit code 1
> Failed: compiling soqt21-1.2.0-1 failed

I have done

> sudo mv /sw/bin/install /sw/bin/install-mvd

then soqt21 installed:

> (Reading database ... 315826 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking soqt21-dev (from .../soqt21-dev_1.2.0-1_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
> Selecting previously deselected package soqt21-shlibs.
> Unpacking soqt21-shlibs (from .../soqt21-shlibs_1.2.0-1_darwin-powerpc.deb)
> Setting up soqt21-shlibs (1.2.0-1) ...
>
> Setting up soqt21-dev (1.2.0-1) ...

and I have restored the original setup with

sudo mv /sw/bin/install-mvd /sw/bin/install

Does it exist a better way to force soqt21 to use /usr/bin/install?

Dominique d'Humieres
Laboratoire de Physique Statistique de l'ENS,
24, rue Lhomond, 75231 Paris cedex 05, FRANCE
tel.    33 1 44 32 38 01
fax.    33 1 44 32 34 33
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]