ok people, I was instructed by mark to check out http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/fink/experimental/gnome/ for the ladder gtk versions, and I have, now I have also sent a email to the person described as a maintainer of that project, but I got a message back saying "awaiting administrator approval" so I'm not holding my breath.
So here goes. I downloaded the description and patch, attempted to build it in fink, but it failed, with the same error I got when I tried to build it on my own, I researched and found the workaround for this. As I previously stated I have been able to build all these on my own. Now I love the open source community, it has helped me out a lot, and ofcourse I like the idea of things being better than the commercial products more often than not and a lot cheaper in price too! So I would like to give back. I want to help get this ball on the roll with the gtk+-2.6.1 packages, so if someone could help me with telling me how to make a patch that takes cconfig.h after configure is run, and changes the line #define HAVE_WCHAR_T 1 to /* #undef HAVE_WCHAR_T 1 */ I would like to see if I can tryr to talk some people into getting this in the unstable tree soon for other users to enjoy, plus it was mentioned in the fink-devel list that not enough people help and there are too few maintainers, so I think people that can help should.
Thanks,
Mike