You want to use 'fink list' to determine the names of the packages you
   need.

What I don't know is whether Fink has equivalents to the Debian
packages

postgresql
postgresql-client
mysql-client
mysql-common
mysql-server
libxml-libxslt-perl

For example, "fink list postgre" does not turn up "postgresql-client".
Does that mean that there is no "postgresql-client" or does it mean
that "postgresql-client" is included in the postgresql package or does
it not mean anything in particular?  Similar confusion over
mysql-common and mysql-server.

   I don't believe there's currently a Fink package for Debian's
   libxml-libxslt-perl, since it's rarely used in my experience. It would
   probably be called 'xml-libxslt-pm581' if it was in Fink. Feel free to
   put in a request, or make the package yourself--just copying one of the
   .info files in unstable/main/finkinfo/libs/perlmods should give you a
   good start.

OK, maybe I'll give that a try.  Or submit a request.  Or see if I can
get the person who wrote the software I'm trying to build to remove
the dependency.