Title: Re: [Fink-users] gimp 2.2
(Sorry about that empty message.)

On 3/7/05 9:03 PM, "Alexander K. Hansen"  wrote:

 > In general a URL pointing at one of the several message archives would
 > probably make the answer a little easier--that way people won't have to
 > look up the message themselves.

 Here's the URL for the message that Martin Costabel posted last
 September with instructions for installing Xorg so that it's possible
 to switch back and forth between XFree86 and Xorg.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.general/14793/match=xorg+package+solves+gimp2+problem

In this response, Dave Morrison suggests that permanent installation fo Xorg should suffice.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.general/14802/match=xorg+package+solves+gimp2+problem

 >> fink install xorg
 >> [wait 2 hours until this finishes]
 >> sudo cp /usr/X11R6_Apple/bin/quartz-wm /usr/X11R6/bin/
 >> sudo cp /etc/X11_Apple/xserver/Xquartz.plist /etc/X11/xserver/
 >> sudo cp /usr/X11R6_Apple/bin/Xquartz /usr/X11R6/bin/
 >>
 >As I understand it, these last three steps should be replaced by

 > fink install applex11tool

Does everything in Martin's message still apply?

Is there now any reason why I might want to switch back and forth between XFree86 and Xorg?

--
Laine Lee