Viv Kendon wrote:
[]
Is this the recommended solution to the missing fonts?? Go and hack /sw/etc/xpdfrc to uncomment those lines by hand?? So every time I reinstall for whatever reason (like testing changing xaw3d versions...) I overwrite my changes and have to redo this??? (The latest xpdf 3.00-15 still has those lines commented out.)

No, you leave /sw/etc/xpdfrc alone. Copy it to your home directory under the name ~/.xpdfrc and edit this copy. This copy will not be touched by reinstallations (at least I hope so), and it takes precedence over the "system" one in /sw/etc.

--
Martin