On Apr 5, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

I have been trying to finish an update-all now for several days. And now I've got to the point where update-all fails on control-center, as I understand (see below).
I have tried simply fink remove (and purge) control-center in the hopes that by doing that update-all will finish without it. (not really sure why I have it anyhow). Of course, I have redone a fink selfupdate and then continued with update-all, but to no avail. Hence I am writing the group in hopes of an answer on hope to get fink to finally finish updating all.

Curtis

Merging translations into Desktop.directory.
make[3]: *** [Desktop.directory] Bus error
make[3]: *** Deleting file `Desktop.directory'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Removing build lock...
dpkg -r fink-buildlock-control-center-1.4.0.5-17
(Reading database ... 98623 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-control-center-1.4.0.5-17 ...
Failed: phase compiling: control-center-1.4.0.5-17 failed

What version of OSX do you have? and What version of fink do you have ("fink --version")?

If you're on Panther (as is suggested by the -17 revision) I'm very surprised that you can't get a later version:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/control-center

-- Alexander Hansen Fink Documentarian [Day Job] Levitated Dipole Experiment http://www.psfc.mit.edu/LDX