Viktor Rosenfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> by accident I removed gnucash after upgrading to tiger.  Since my /sw-
> directory was a bit messy, I simply deleted it and then reinstalled
> fink.  Everything with the reinstall went fine, except for gnucash.
> I now get the following error message:
>
> pd956b79d:~ hesk$ sudo fink install gnucash
>
> [snip]
>
> Failed: Can't resolve dependency "perl581-core" for package "finance-
> quote-pm581-1.08-13" (no matching packages/versions found)
>
> I guess that the version of Perl in Panther is hardcoded into the
> dependencies and since Tiger has a newer Perl, the dependency is no
> longer satisfied.
>
> Is there an easy work-around for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Viktor

You didn't say how you reinstalled fink.  If you used the binary installer
(which is intended for 10.3), did you follow the upgrade steps on fink's
webpage afterwards?  It sounds like your fink installation is not fully
aware of 10.4.  (One way to check: look at the Distribution line in
/sw/etc/fink.conf ; another way to check: see if the symlink in /sw/fink/
points from dists to 10.4-transitional or not.)

  -- Dave