Hi,

Apologies if this topic has come up already in the irc channel, but I
don't see anything concrete on the user or devel lists over the last
few days.

After I received Tiger and performing a clean install last Thurs
(courier delivered Tiger a day early :), I've been systematically
reinstalling my commonly used programs.

I have fink 10.4-transitional running, however I'm experiencing issues
with perl packages which appear to trace back to the lack of a virtual
package to represent /usr/bin/perl version 5.8.6 as shipped with Tiger.

I've found references in the recent "Autoconf 2.5 on Tiger" thread on
fink-devel about using /sw/sbin/update-alternatives as a workaround.

Are there plans to provide a virtual perl586-core package soon?

--

Conall O'Brien

+353 (0)87 9194139 | http://www.conall.net

GPG Key: http://www.conall.net/gpg/

Users (n,m.):
                collective term for those who use computers. Users are divided
                into three types: novice, intermediate and expert.

                Novice Users: people who are afraid that simply pressing a key
                might break their computer.
                Intermediate Users: people who don't know how to fix their
                computer after they've just pressed a key that broke it.
                Expert Users: people who break other people's computers.