On Wed, 4 May 2005, Aaron B. Iba wrote:

> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 11:08:43PM +0900, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> > David R. Morrison wrote:
> > >Aron Trauring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > >As explained at http://www.gnucash.org/, gnucash is still a gnome 1.x
> > >application, not a gnome 2.x application.
> > >
> > >And unfortunately, some of the gnome 1.x libraries do not yet work on
> > >Tiger.  Since I don't understand the problems with them, I can't estimate
> > >when this might be fixed.
> >
> > Gnucash is a gnome1.4 app. It is broken on tiger and will remain so for at
> > least a month if it is up to only me to fix it. Sorry, I have other
> > commitments and can not devote all my time to an app that will be gnome2 in
> > november, or earlier.
> >

> So the problem is not with the gnucash package but with the gnome 1.4
> libraries building on Tiger?  I guess we'll have to sit tight on this
> one.  Thank you for the information, Peter!

And thanks from me, too! -- I owe thanks to everyone that helps (and has
helped) get gnucash running on MacOS.  I'll try to help, too, if I get
time to dust off my programming/porting hat.

> As a side note: I bought a copy of Quicken 2005 for Mac.  Maybe I am
> just stuck in the Gnucash mindset, but it seems to me that Quicken
> really sucks by comparison.  For those looking for an alternative to
> gnucash, I would not suggest this as a good option.

I moved to gnucash after testing Quicken 2004, and I would agree.  I have
not used Quicken 2005, but I don't need anything that gnucash doesn't have,
so I doubt I will try it.

Wayne