python23 in 10.4-transitional needs either a BuildConflicts: libquicktime0 or a buildtime parameter WITHOUT_FRAMEWORKS.

Otherwise building fails with

gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I./Include -I/sw/include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Python/mactoolboxglue.o Python/mactoolboxglue.cIn file included from ./Include/pymactoolbox.h:28,
from Python/mactoolboxglue.c:28:
/sw/include/QuickTime/QuickTime.h:93: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/sw/include/QuickTime/QuickTime.h:94: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/sw/include/QuickTime/QuickTime.h:95: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
In file included from Python/mactoolboxglue.c:28:
./Include/pymactoolbox.h:152: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
./Include/pymactoolbox.h:153: error: parse error before "Track"

There is no /sw/include/QuickTime/QuickTime.h, but the libquicktime0 package has /sw/include/quicktime/quicktime.h which gets pulled in instead of the correct header from the QuickTime framework.

OTOH, I am not sure if Fink's python2.3 really should need the QuickTime framework.

--
Martin