On May 17, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Alexander K. Hansen wrote:

On May 17, 2005, at 3:22 PM, Brian J. Lopes wrote:

Quick question, does anyone know the status of the binary packages for Tiger? I'm dying to
try out stuff like KDE, etc., but way to impatient to compile the whole thing. It says that
a binary installer is due out, but I'm under the impression that apt also doesn't function
under tiger.

Thanks

Nope. The purported lack of functionality is simply due to the absence of a binary distribution.

And there will be a binary distribution as soon as the 10.4/stable tree is deemed stable enough.

Then again, the bootstrap fails for me because it dies building apt so I can't try it built or binary.

YMMV

Mark Moorcroft list "at" valleyofspeed.com AIM - ssevenup YIM - mntbighker