Clemence Magnien wrote:
[]
The answer was that the current version of mutt (1.4.2.1) is the
latest stable version of mutt, and that fink's policy is to not
provide unstable software, see:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=17203&atid=371315&func=detail&aid=851318

So I guess there will not be a new version in fink for a while,
unless the policy has changed.

I think this is a misrepresentation of that reference. I would guess that a large percentage of Fink's packages are what their upstream developers call "beta" or "unstable" releases. What Fink usually doesn't package is software that is known to be truely unstable, i.e. crashing regulary or ill-behaving in other ways. I don't know what the situation is for mutt releases.

--
Martin