On Jul 11, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Ken Mankoff wrote:

I'm trying to install trac (http://trac.edgewall.com) but (or the dependencies) require both db42-ssl, db42-ssl-shlibs, db43-ssl, and db43-ssl-shlibs. db42 and db43 are mutually exclusive and therefore I cannot install the system.

Can anyone offer advice how to force installation of both, or how to tell those that require db42 that they will be OK running with db43?

Thanks,

   Ken Mankoff
   http://spacebit.dyndns.org/

Since db42-ssl and db43-ssl are _build_ dependencies, you should be able to install it, eventually, with some work.

Once you're done building, everything should be OK to run the package, because db42-ssl-shlibs and db43-ssl-shlibs can coexist.

--

Alexander Hansen

Fink Documentarian

[Day Job] Levitated Dipole Experiment