On Jul 12, 2005, at 9:02 PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:

On Jul 12, 2005, at 11:15 PM, Kevin Burnett wrote:

a few weeks later now, I tried to build and install amarok again, and it succeeded! Or at least Fink says that it succeeded. However, I can't find an amarok executable anywhere on my system! I know the executable is called 'amarok' on my Linux system, but I can't find it on my Mac. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find it?

"dpkg -L amarok" (without the quotes) should give you list of installed files for amarok. I would guess the executable is in /sw/ bin/

- Koen.

Well, that returns this:

/.
/sw
/sw/share
/sw/share/config
/sw/share/config/amarokrc
/sw/share/doc
/sw/share/doc/amarok
/sw/share/doc/amarok/AUTHORS
/sw/share/doc/amarok/ChangeLog
/sw/share/doc/amarok/COPYING
/sw/share/doc/amarok/INSTALL
/sw/share/doc/amarok/README
/sw/share/doc/amarok/TODO

there isn't anything in /sw/bin, which I expected, since a 'which amarok' returned nothing, and a 'find / -name amarok' found only the directory in that list above.

- Kevin