Dave Vasilevsky wrote:

On Jul 30, 2005, at 5:05 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

Unfortunately, matplotlib uses the python build system which I don't understand sufficiently to see where it is defined that "gcc" or "g++-3.3" should be used for compiling and linking, respectively. Someone else?

I don't know the system well either, but the obvious thing to try is setting CC=gcc-3.3 which would cause most build systems to use gcc-3.3 (hence g++-3.3) for the compiling step. Looking at %p/lib/ python2.3/distutils/sysconfig.py it appears that CC is respected.

This would be a way out if a real fix is not found. It does work, but it defeats Fink's special mix of C and C++ compilers; it will also have to be changed for the 10.4 tree. The real fix would be to teach it to use the C++ compiler and not the C compiler for compiling C++ sources. I haven't yet seen where this is defined (or rather, I have seen several places, but they seem to be not very consistent, and I haven't yet understood which definition is really used; python can be worse than C++ if you want to read sources).

--
Martin