On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 09:15:53AM -0400, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Clemence Magnien wrote:
>

> >After a couple of hours the compilation stopped on the e-sound package
> >with the following error:
> >
> ><snip beginning where all seemed to happen normally>
> >checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
> >--- Checking to see which audio header files your system uses.
> >--- Most of these checks should fail. Do not be alarmed.
> > <snip check which did not find anything>
> >configure: error: Could not find a support sound driver
> >### execution of LD_TWOLEVEL_NAMESPACE=1 failed, exit code 1
> >Removing build lock...
> >/sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-esound-0.2.35-9
> >(Reading database ... 107083 files and directories currently
> >installed.)
> >Removing fink-buildlock-esound-0.2.35-9 ...
> >Failed: phase compiling: esound-0.2.35-9 failed
> >
> >is there a way to go around the problem with e-sound?
> >
> >I'm using mac os 10.3.9.
> >$ fink --version
> >Package manager version: 0.24.9
> >Distribution version: 0.7.2.rsync
> >

> On this computer, CoreAudio.h was installed by  CoreAudioSDK.pkg:
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/Headers/
> CoreAudio.h
>
> There are a couple of symlinks that need to be set for this to work:
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers -> Versions/
> Current/Headers
>
> -and-
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/Current -> A.
>
> See if any/all of these are missing.

Hmm, something weird happened here.
I had at some point in the past the CoreAudio.h files in the
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/Headers/
directory, and the symlinks were present, but something must
have deleted the contente of the directory, because it was
empty when I checked (I know I had these files in the past because
the command locate had kept a memory of them).
I just went and installed the DevSDK packages, and now the
CoreAudio.h file (and other .h files) is back in
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/Headels /

I'll try to install e-sound again as soon as the current install
is over.

Cheers,
Clemence