On Sep 26, 2005, at 8:14 PM, Sebastien Maret wrote:

Pierre Neihouser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Got it all installed, but when I did
some the scanpackages part (using Fink Commander) I got some problems
with cc1plus (which I believe is part of the dev tools). No worries,
I thought. Anyway, all I need is glade-2. So I tried to install
glade-2 binary : "It depends on X11 but it's not installable". I
thought an install from source would do.

X11 is not provided by the dev tools.
See http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/x11/inst-xfree86.php?phpLang=en

I know. I installed the dev tools to be able to install glade2 from source instead of binary.

So I installed the dev
tools, tried again: "Can't resolve dependency for 'X11' package".
Damn. I can't actually find any X11 package in my package list (even
after a upgrading the descriptions). Anyway, I thought installing X11
from Apple would do. But I can't do so, I get this message: "Newer
software already exists on your computer". What am I supposed to do
now?

What version of Apple X11 are you tring to install ? The installer
complains that you have a newer version than the one ypu trying to
install, so I guess that you have X11 already installed on your
computer but you are trying to re-install an older version.
Try to reinstall it from Tiger disk.
See also this FAQ:
http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-packages.php?phpLang=en#apple- x11-wants-xfree86

Sébastien

I downloaded the latest version of X11User, can't find the version: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/x11formacosx.html I did not install any X11 before, I only installed fink and the dev tools. The machine is brand new. It doesn't make any sense and that's why I'm asking for help.
Why is there no xfree package in fink commander?

Thanks by the way.

--
Pierre