On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:42:20AM +0200, Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Christian Ebert on Thursday, October 20, 2005:
> > * Benjamin Reed on Thursday, October 20, 2005:
> >>
> >> What developer tools do you have installed?  Did you install the
> >> november update?
> >
> > I believe so.
> >
> >> What does "gcc --version" print?
> >
> > gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1671)
> >                                                    ^^^^
> >
> > It seems Clemence does /not/ have the november update according
> > to his lower build version number.
>
> Could it be kde-related?
>
> With the arts download something like kde-admin-desktop was
> downloaded.
>
> I haven't KDE or xorg or anything the like installed, just using
> Apple's default x11.
>
> Should I try and install the x11-app package and xorg? -- Bit of
> pain though because that's huge and I am not using x11 that much.

I'm using Apple's X11 so I don't think this is the issue.
The only kde related packages I have installed are a bunch of
kdelibs3 packages.

Alternatively, maybe it could be compiler related? I don't know
how difficult it would be to downgrade to my version of the dev tools
to see if this solves the problem? (I can provide the package).

Clemence
(By the way Clemence is a female name :)