On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 12:56:08PM -0700, William Scott wrote:
> >Moreover, gettext-dev and libgettext3-dev are only supposed to be
> >build-depends for other stuff, and you should therefore never have to
> >force remove one or the other.
>
> libgettext3-dev is left in place after I install or update (for
> example) KDE, and the next time I do a fink selfupdate it fails at
> the end, refusing to install gettext-dev because libgettext3-dev is
> installed.  I update fink at least twice a week.  This is always a
> problem.

"it fails" with what message? I can go through endless cycles of "fink
install gettext-dev;fink install libgettext3-dev". There must be
something else than "libgettext3-dev is installed" as the underlying
cause. Perhaps there is another build in progress that has set a
buildlock on libgettext3-dev? We're working on making buildlocks get
cleared more automatically when a build dies. We've also turned off
some of those automatic package installations. We should probably put
out a fink-0.24.11 that has that last feature (and some oother
bug-fixes) soon...

dan

--
Daniel Macks