Jonathan Levi wrote:

> On my system (latest unstable and 10.4.2) OOo2.0.0-22 didn't _install_ all
> of the language packages, they are still all listed separately, and only
> the one I already had was installed.  But it did _build_ the debs for them
> all so they are listed as archived in FinkCommander.  It seemed to do this
> "efficiently", the build is still epic, on a dual G5 it took something like
> 12 hrs to do everything, but the language and the main debs differ in
> timestamps by less than 10 minutes.  The language files are much smaller
> (~14Mb each) than the main deb (~110Mb), you need the main deb plus a
> language if you don't want just US English.

On my 1.8Ghz G5 it takes ~24hours and 7.5Gbytes of disk, but the update
went fine.

> Previous behaviour rebuilt _everything_ in order to create each language
> file, meaning it took twice as long for those of us who needed an extra
> language (and three times as long if you needed two...).  So while I agree
> that 20 extra language deb files is quite a lot if you are short of disk
> space, please don't revert to building them separately if it is going to
> double the build time...

I fully agree with Jonathan, the previous behavior did not make sense for
anybody needing more than one language (14 hours for the US one + 14 hours
for the French one). What would be nice would be to split the building in
one piece for all the "engines" and one for each of the localization, but
I don't know how difficult to acheive that. With such a splitting people
needing a few languages will have a reduced compile time without having to
rebuild the "engine" part for each language.

Any way thanks for the work done, the install of 2.0 was much better than
all the previous one.

Dominique d'Humieres