I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I might be able to test this out on my laptop, which I haven't upgraded to XCode 2.2 yet.  The thing is, I seem to recall xmlunit not updating on there for a different reason.  I'll have to double-check.  There are a few differences between my laptop and my desktop that might explain the different behavior, the main one being that I erased my disk and did a completely fresh install of Tiger (and fink) on my desktop, while I just did an upgrade on my laptop.  I'll let you know when I have some more info.

Thanks,
Charles