Daniel Macks wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:18:08PM -0700, William Scott wrote:
I just realized it was re-installing an older version of gettext-dev.

The new one in unstable behaves ok. May I suggest promoting the new one (rev. 24) to stable?

Last I heard, (hi drm!) there is still a bug in certain upgrade paths
from the existing package in stable to the -24 one. Solving that will
allow us to upgrade stable to the new gettext and also to promote
libgettext3 to stable at all. Two major server changes were sprung on
us with little lead time, so fixing gettext got put on hold:(

I just did a fresh install of fink the other day, and then switched to unstable as described in the FAQ, and I'm currently experiencing this bouncing back and forth with gettext and libgetttext3. fink --version tells me I have 0.24.11.

Is there any way I can escape from this? It is making it very difficult to build some packages.