Hi Markus,

On Jan 15, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Markus Kamp wrote:

Hi folks!

I like to play around with fink in a way that I often install programs to take a look at them, use them for some weeks and remove them again if I didn't find them useful or found better apps to serve my needs..

You see that many packages get installed as dependencies as well, while they are not removed again, when i remove my "toys".

Now that I'm running short on diskspace I am looking for a way to find these obsolete packages to remove them. What I do at the moment is to try to remove a random package and see if fink reports other packages that have to be uninstalled too because of dependencies...

Is there a way to let fink list all packages that are no others depend on, so I can speed up this process and don't have to guess which are save to delete?

That's what the debfoster package is for. Install it and run 'sudo debfoster'. It will ask you which packages you want to keep which are not required by other installed packages.

HTH,
        Remi

--
Q: How many kinds of physicists are there?
A: Three. Those who can count and those who can't.

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Manchester               URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
Fermilab, MS 357                     voice:        ++1 (630) 840-8321
P.O. Box 500                           fax:        ++1 (630) 840-2649
Batavia, Il 60510, US                 home:        ++1 (630) 236-0932