On Wednesday 01 March 2006 04:09, Roland Kuhn wrote:
> Hi Chris!
>
> On 1 Mar 2006, at 00:17, Chris Zubrzycki wrote:
> >
> > On Feb 28, 2006, at 3:29 PM, Roland Kuhn wrote:
> >> Hi Alexander!

> >> nope, doesn't work. I've got the same problem with konsole. KDE is
> >> simply broken concerning the use of X selections (I tried
> >> autocutsel on all buffers I could find).
> >
> > I use autocutsel and it works fine for me (mostly). Sometimes it
> > stops working right after a week or 2...but that might be because
> > of the pbd, dunno.
>
> Which version of KDE do you have installed? Which XCode? I wasn't
> able to compile KDE for a while now (that old doxygen internal error
> with 'make apidox'), but maybe I should try again.
>
> Ciao,
>                      Roland

Warning - personal experience ahead:

1. Copying from aqua --to--> KDE is being done via xclipboard, in my case
(cmd-C from aqua - then click on xclipboard - then ctrl-V into KDE). Though
it may appear cumbersome, I just got used to it, and it became second nature.
I am writing right now from KMail (Kontact), and it is the only mail app I am
using on my powerbook, so it pretty much tells you i I could afford using
such solution (in the absence of something better). So - I launch xclipboard
from within the startup script for X11, then just have it there available for
any aqua --> X11 copy/pastes. As a side issue - one thing that helped me was
the use of Desktop Manager, so that my X11 apps all stay on one desktop, vs.
all other native apps then moving between various X11 apps, themselves (e.g.
xclipboard --> Kmail) takes place via cmd-~

NOTE: For completeness reasons: from KDE to aqua - cmd-C --> cmd-V (vs ctrl,
on one of the other way steps!)

2. I have had numerous problems installing and/or upgrading KDE apps, up until
recently, when - on an advice received on this list (can't remember whom I
should be giving credit to - sorry) - I have upgraded to the latest XCode
(2.2.1?!?), which  resolved many problems with fink installs, also. May want
to try that (for the non-working KDE folks).

HTH,
Stef