This has already be the subject of a thread end of August 2005:
on OSX 10.3 at least gfortran yields a lot of (harmless) warnings:

symbol _cacoshf used from dynamic library /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(complex.o)
not from earlier dynamic library /usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib(single module)

or

/usr/lib/libmx.dylib(single module) definition of _cacoshf
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(complex.o) definition of _cacoshf

They are removed with the options:

 -bind_at_load -multiply_defined suppress

The culprit is the file '/gcc/config/rs6000/darwin7.h':

#define LIB_SPEC "%{!static:\
  %:version-compare(!< 10.3 mmacosx-version-min= -lmx)\
  -lSystem}"

which puts -lmx and -lSystem in the wrong order.

To avoid this problem I am used to change it to:

#define LIB_SPEC "%{!static:-lSystem -lmx}"

which works with gfortran and probably with gcc (not enough tests
from my side).

I have has some mails exchange on a gcc list about it, but
not only I did not convince them to do the change, but I did
not even get an answer about the reason of this change on 10.3.

May be Jeffrey Whitaker will be more successfull, meanwhile
I think it will be nice to patch the darwin7.h file to avoid
both the warnings and the options.

TIA

Dominique