On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Doug Wade wrote:

Whenever I fire up the FinkCommander app (2,003,065 bytes created July 5/2005, version 0.5.4) I get a pop-up regarding a more current version being available. When I go to the FinkCommander home page to download it, I see the info that 0.5.4 is the current version and the binary download is exactly the one I already have on my machine. No big deal I guess but I was just curious if this is nothing unusual.

I see the same behaviour -- or rather, I used to: I got tired of it and turned off automatic update checking in the FinkCommander preferences...as I understand it, FinkCommander is sort of "orphaned" at the moment, so we aren't expecting any updates anytime soon.

cheers,
-- Viv