I successfully installed 10.4 from scratch on my ibook G4.  I had KDE
up and running well.  But I then complied some other software, and I
now have a conflict I believe with KDE!  I get into the loading of
the desktop, and everything on the desktop has been loaded including
the composite manager missing messages but before the panel shows up
on the desktop.  At this point KDE crashes taking XDarwin with it.  I
can get window managers windowmaker and icewm running with no
problems, and the X11 apps I have opened with these wm all seem to
work properly.  Has anyone got any idea what could be conflicting
with KDE?  Could I have some corrupted config file that is causing
the problem?  Any ideas would sure be helpful.  Thank you.

Gary K Olson

I am running
Package manager version: 0.24.23
Distribution version: 0.8.1.rsync powerpc
10.4.7
XTools 2.3
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5341)