On 9/12/06, Jason J. Corso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've just installed the 10.4 fink release and built the Gnome 2.14
> packages through fink.  I am trying to run Gnome in a rootless X
> (Apple's X11 w/ the applex11tools fink package) using the standard
> metacity window manager.  My .xinitrc file is
>
> #!/bin/sh
> source /sw/bin/init.sh
> /sw/bin/quartz-wm --only-proxy &
> exec /sw/bin/gnome-session
>
>
> Everything launches fine, but the X windows do not layer properly with
> the Aqua windows -- they never raise the to front when I click on
> their title bars.
>
> Is anyone experiencing similar problems?  What settings must be
> changed to fix this?
>
> Thanks
> Jason
>

X11.app seems to be inferior to XDarwin.app (at least from xorg-6.8.2)
in this regard.  For me, if I'm running XDarwin.app, I can click on a
title bar and have that window pop up to the front, but with X11.app I
also have to click on the "running" X11 icon in the Dock or alt-tab.

-- 
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to