On 9/15/06, Terrence Brannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Actually I dont think this is a sudo issue. If you look at the dialog
> carefully. It seems to be a pure Authentication protocol that FinkCommander
> itself is using.
>
> I read the sudoers manpage and gave myself NOPASSWD for apt-get, dpkg, and
> fink and then I opened FinkCommander via sudo open
> /Applications/FinkCommander.App/
>
> but it is still asking for my passwd.
>

Clearly I never learned about the guts of Fink Commander. :-)

We really need either to find somebody to work on Fink Commander or to
replace it.

>
> On 9/15/06, Alexander Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > On 9/15/06, Terrence Brannon < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > the Fink Commander FAQ has nothing to say about eliminating the need to
> type
> > > one's password each time one does something in it. Any workarounds?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > That's driven by the use of "sudo" needed for some Fink operations.
> > Fink Commander doesn't cache the admin password (I'm not sure if
> > there's a good reason for it not to).
> >
> > --
> > Alexander K. Hansen
> > Fink Documenter (still)
> >
>
>


-- 
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to