Alexander Hansen wrote:
> On 9/16/06, Robert T Wyatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Using the 10.4 unstable tree with OS 10.4.7 and fink 0.24.26, I'm
>> getting a dpkg malloc error. Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks, Robert
>>
>> Preparing to replace vim 7.0-1 (using
>> .../vim_7.0.099-1_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
>> Unpacking replacement vim ...
>> /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: unexpected end of file in between members in
>> /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/editors/vim_7.0.099-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
>> dpkg(22828) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
>> 0xbfffc110; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
>> middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
>> MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
>> /sw/bin/dpkg: error processing
>> /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/editors/vim_7.0.099-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
>> (--install):
>>   subprocess /sw/bin/dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>
>> /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/editors/vim_7.0.099-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
>> ### execution of /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait failed, exit code 1
>> Failed: can't install package vim-7.0.099-1
>>
>>
>> More of my environment details and the original error are located here:
>>
>> http://robertwyatt.info/fink/installed.txt
>>
> 
> Do you get the same error reproducibly? Not infrequently these
> malloc() errors are sporadic, and go away if you quit running other
> apps.

So far, yes. I get a different numeral in the dpkg(xxxx) field, but I do 
keep getting the error even after multiple restarts and permission 
repairs. I have not had a problem building anything else during this 
timeframe (like libgeos this morning). I'm using a 700MHz eMac fwiw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to