I installed popt from binary. I'm not clear how well that will work on
Macintel? Now After a lot of manual package selection I have whittled
the dependency list to the following:
The following package will be installed or updated:
bundle-xfce4
The following 6 additional packages will be installed:
xfce-utils xfce4-appfinder xfce4-panel xfdesktop xffm xffm-shlibs
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
All of the remaining packages fail with something like the following:
Making all in src
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/sw/include -I..
-DLOCALEDIR=\"/sw/share/locale\" -I/sw/include/glib-2.0
-I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/sw/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/sw/include/gtk-2.0
-I/sw/include/atk-1.0 -I/sw/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/sw/include/xfce4 -g
-O2 -c -o xfce4_appfinder-callbacks.o `test -f 'callbacks.c' || echo
'./'`callbacks.c
callbacks.c: In function 'cb_dragappstree':
callbacks.c:52: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of
'gtk_selection_data_set' differ in signedness
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/sw/include -I..
-DLOCALEDIR=\"/sw/share/locale\" -I/sw/include/glib-2.0
-I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/sw/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/sw/include/gtk-2.0
-I/sw/include/atk-1.0 -I/sw/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/sw/include/xfce4 -g
-O2 -c -o xfce4_appfinder-main.o `test -f 'main.c' || echo './'`main.c
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -L/sw/lib -o
xfce4-appfinder xfce4_appfinder-callbacks.o xfce4_appfinder-main.o
-L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lxfcegui4 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lxfce4util
-lgdk-x11-2.0 -lXrandr -lXinerama -lXext -lXcursor -latk-1.0
-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangoxft-1.0 -lXft -lXrender -lpangox-1.0 -lX11
-lpangoft2-1.0 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpango-1.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0
-lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv
mkdir .libs
gcc -g -O2 -o xfce4-appfinder xfce4_appfinder-callbacks.o
xfce4_appfinder-main.o -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
/sw/lib/libxfcegui4.dylib -lXfixes
/sw/lib/libstartup-notification-1.dylib -lSM -lICE
/sw/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.dylib /sw/lib/libxfce4util.dylib
/sw/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.dylib -lXrandr -lXinerama -lXext -lXcursor
/sw/lib/libatk-1.0.dylib /sw/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.dylib
/sw/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.dylib -lXft -lXrender
/sw/lib/libpangox-1.0.dylib -lX11 /sw/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.dylib
-lfontconfig -lfreetype /sw/lib/libpango-1.0.dylib -lm
/sw/lib/libgobject-2.0.dylib /sw/lib/libgmodule-2.0.dylib
/sw/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib -lc /sw/lib/libintl.dylib /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lXfixes
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [xfce4-appfinder] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Removing runtime build-lock...
Removing build-lock package...
/sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-xfce4-appfinder-4.2.3-1000
(Reading database ... 35609 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-xfce4-appfinder-4.2.3-1000 ...
Failed: phase compiling: xfce4-appfinder-4.2.3-1000 failed
Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and
try again. If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the
FAQ on fink's website solves the problem. If not, ask on the fink-users
or fink-beginners mailing lists. As a last resort, you can try e-mailing
the maintainer directly:
Todd Heidesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Note that many fink package maintainers do not (yet) have access to OS X on
Intel hardware, so you may have better luck on the mailing lists.
Alexander Hansen wrote:
> On 10/13/06, Mark Moorcroft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Alexander Hansen wrote:
>
> Ah, it's popt?
>
> There was a thread on -beginners where a couple of people had problems
> with it--but on PowerPCs, if I recall correctly; and it was nice
> enough their to spit out an "out of memory" message
>
> In the other thread it looked like the error occurred in the process
> of setting the buildlock, but check for stale ones.
I found no stale buildlocks for popt.
--
Mark Moorcroft
ELORET Corp.
650-604-4784
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users