On 10/27/06, PM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The email invitation I got to Leopard development from Apple today
> piqued my curiosity. It seems as if the 10.4 tree was only recently
> "stabilized". Do the fink gurus have any estimates of how easy or
> difficult it will be to make the transition to Leopard?
>
> Payam
> -----
> Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more
> likely to be honest than a clever man.
>
>     --Bertrand Russell

Anything they say on this list would have to be under the terms of the NDA.

The major difficulties with 10.3 -> 10.4 were the change from gcc-3.3
to gcc-4 (more specifically g++-3.3 to g++-4)--getting rid of the
transitional tree required getting as many packages as possible to
build with 3.3.

So check what came on your system--that might be a way to judge it.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)