Robert T Wyatt wrote:
> Hi,
> On my dual G5 using fink's 10.4-unstable tree, I get the following error
> (maintainer cc'd). The complete output with enviro data is available
> here: http://robertwyatt.info/fink/octave-2.1.73-2.txt

I built this version on a dual G5 without error. I suspect this is a
problem with your configuration. Some wild guess below.

> g++ -c -no-cpp-precomp -I/sw/include -I. -I.. -I../liboctave -I../src
> -I../libcruft/misc  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -Wall -W -Wshadow -g -O2
> ./DLD-FUNCTIONS/balance.cc -o balance.o
> ./DLD-FUNCTIONS/balance.cc: In function 'octave_value_list
> Fbalance(const octave_value_list&, int)':
> ./DLD-FUNCTIONS/balance.cc:134: error: 'empty_arg' was not declared in
> this scope

The declaration of empty_arg is in the header file utils.h. Do you
perhaps have another utils.h sitting in /sw/include or in
/usr/local/include that shadows octave's own utils.h?

--
Martin