Benjamin Melançon wrote:
> Thanks.  By the way, what I'm trying to update is SVN (so that https
> works).
>
> This is where it all starts:
> fink update-all
>
> fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual
> dependency. The
> candidates:
> (1)    python: Interpreted, object-oriented language
> (2)    python-nox: Interpreted, object-oriented language
>
> Pick one: [1]
>
> The following 6 packages will be installed or updated:
> bluefish shared-mime-info svn svn-client svn-doc svn-shlibs
> The following 16 additional packages will be installed:
> autoconf automake1.9 db43 intltool python python24 python24-shlibs
> python24-socket ruby ruby18 ruby18-dev ruby18-shlibs swig swig-shlibs
> texi2html xml-parser-pm586
>
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
>
> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -i
> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/libs/db43_4.3.29-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
>

> And then it all runs for a long time and apparently successfully until...
>
> gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Wno-long-double
> -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I./Include -I/sw/include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o
> Python/mactoolboxglue.o Python/mactoolboxglue.c
> In file included from Python/mactoolboxglue.c:27:
> ./Include/pymactoolbox.h:11:33: error: QuickTime/QuickTime.h: No such
> file or directory
> In file included from Python/mactoolboxglue.c:27:
> ./Include/pymactoolbox.h:137: warning: parameter names (without types)
> in function declaration
> ./Include/pymactoolbox.h:138: error: parse error before 'Track'
>
> ... and then a whole bunch more errors like that.  Is this QuickTime
> error really the reason I can't update Python and so get SVN fully
> working?

Yes.  Install the QuickTime SDK from the Xcode Tools.

> Package manager version: 0.24.26
> Distribution version: 0.8.0.rsync powerpc

You're also using an outdated version of the Fink distribution, which
means you aren't getting updates anymore.  Check
http://www.finkproject.org, under the heading "2006-07-24: Reminder:
"10.4-transitional" Tree Unsupported on August 1st, 2006"

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink User Liaison/Documenter