Mario Frasca wrote:
> Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.hansen <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Sorry, I couldn't find the context here.
>>

> I didn't recognize the structure of this thread, sorry...
>

>> Were you also having a
>> problem building QT3 due to missing Xrender support?
>>

> yes, but then in the latest intel release (is it 10.4.10? don't know how to
> check from remote)
>

>> The solution is the same:  reinstall the X11SDK.  (unless you've got
>> fink's xfree86 package installed)
>>

> is it possible to do so while logged in remotely?
> otherwise I'll have to wait a few hours.
>
> thanks,
> Mario

If you've got the Xcode Tools disk image, yes.

You can mount the Xcode disk image remotely by running "open <name of
disk image>", e.g. "open xcode_2.4.1_8m1910_6936315.dmg".
Then if you do "cd /Volumes/Xcode\ Tools/Packages", you can run the
command-line installer.  Check out "man installer" for the syntax on that.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink User Liaison/Documenter