---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 29, 2007 1:46 PM
Subject: re: coreutils build fails on Leopard
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Curious to hear whether or not you have resolved this issue, as I'm
running into the same problem when building coreutils as downloaded
directly from the gnu site.

There are only a handful of coreutils tools that are not already
included in Leopard:

base64: MISSING
copy: MISSING
cp-hash: MISSING
dircolors: MISSING
factor: MISSING
hostid: MISSING
md5sum: MISSING
pinky: MISSING
ptx: MISSING
remove: MISSING
seq: MISSING
setuidgid: MISSING
shred: MISSING
shuf: MISSING
tac: MISSING

All I really needed was seq, so I just built it manually:

gcc -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -o seq seq.o ../lib/libcoreutils.a ../lib/libcoreutils.a
gcc -std=gnu99  -I. -I../lib  -I../lib   -g -O2 -MT seq.o -MD -MP -MF
.deps/seq.Tpo -c -o seq.o seq.c

In any case, you may want to update the thread on fink-users for
completeness' sake.

Thanks for your time.

--
Alexander K. Hansen