On Jan 4, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Stephen van Egmond wrote:

>> want to install subversion (svn) using fink, but it's not listed.
>> I even copied /sw/etc/fink.conf from my PowerPC machine and I
>> still only see 107 packages.
>
> Your PPC machine is probably unstable, and your intel machine not.

This might be the case.  As the package page of SVN shows, there are
stable and unstable versions of svn 1.4:

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/svn-client

My PowerPC only lists svn 1.2.3 versions available as binary
distributions.

I ran fink selfupdate-cvs and fink selfupdate-rsync thinking my fink
is old, but either method should update fink to the latest version
and I'm still not seeing the unstable version of svn.

When I run fink configure, I don't have the option for unstable
packages either.  How can I switch to unstable?

--
Vincent