Hi All,

This sounds like a common problem but I could not find it on here. Apologies
if its already been dealt with.

One of the key advantages of Fink is that it will automatically search for
and install dependencies for any particular package that you're installing.
Sometimes, this can mean installing many many other packages prior to the
software you're actually wanting to use. When this works, it's great.
However, more often than not, I'm finding that some files don't exist on the
default server that Fink looks at, and that breaks the whole process. curl
just sits there indefinitely trying to download a file that either does not
exist or stalls for some reason or other. Is there a way to tell fink to try
multiple servers based on a given timeout? or maybe even try to fall back on
earlier versions of a package if the latest is unavailable?