Alexander Hansen wrote:
> 10.5.4/Intel
>
> The following error in cmake cropped up:
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:266 (FIND_PACKAGE):
>   find_package cannot find package FREETYPE because FREETYPE_DIR is
> set to
>   "/sw/lib/freetype219" which is not a directory containing a package
>   configuration file (or it is not for the requested version).  Please
> set
>   the cache entry FREETYPE_DIR to the correct directory, or delete it
> to ask
>   CMake to search.
>
> It sounds like it wants FREETYPE_DIR to correspond to the directory
> where the pkgconfig file resides, i.e. %p/lib/freetype219/lib/pkgconfig

Interesting theory. Needless to say, though, that it builds OK for me,
without any pkgconfig stuff in $FREETYPE_DIR. The error messages of
cmake cannot be taken literally; I have yet to find out what "is not a
directory containing a package configuration file (or it is not for the
requested version)" really means.

Unfortunately, the much-praised (by developers) cmake is completely
opaque for the user and a mightmare for packagers. When it does not work
as intended, it is very hard to find out what is really going on.

I'll continue for a while to reproduce your error, but I might be forced
eventually to downgrade cmake to 2.4.6 which was known to work, or
(shudder) start making several versions available to choose from.

--
Martin