Jean-François Mertens wrote:
[]
> But sorry, have no 10.5, _ and for the moment not even my G5 _ to
> look further...

Since the problem appears only for 10.5/ppc, and then apparently only
with xcode-3.1, I am out of it, too. I only have access to 10.5/intel
and 10.4/ppc, or with some effort to a 10.5/ppc with xcode-3.0, on which
I cannot compile random Fink packages.

The file flurry.c is compiled on intel, too, but differently. The code
in question is in flurry.h:

typedef union {
     float               f[4];
#if __VEC__
     vector float        v;
#endif
} floatToVector;

What I can see is that the macro "__VEC__", which triggers the fatal
line, is defined by the compiler on 10.5/ppc, but not on 10.5/intel. To
see this, try

cpp -dM </dev/null |grep VEC

One idea of a workaround would be to turn this piece of code off for
everybody, by introducing a compiler flag "-U__VEC__", for example in
SetCPPFLAGS:

SetCPPFLAGS: -I%p/lib/freetype219/include -U__VEC__

But, as I said, I cannot test this.

--
Martin