On Sep 8, 2008, at 7:15 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Richard E. Miles wrote:

<snip>

I have intel mac 10.5.3 and xcode 3.1. I used to have xcode 3.0 but a got the 3.1 version. This still fails with the same error as shown above after I rebuilt perl586. I insatlled gtk2-pm588 also. So the problem still exists.

Richard E. Miles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Also: when you did the rebuild, you did use "fink rebuild perl586" or the Fink Commander equivalent, right? You didn't just do a "reinstall"?

Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org
Fink User Liaison and Documenter

I used fink Commander rebuild perl586.

Richard E. Miles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You might try doing a "reinstall" of perl586, to make sure that your rebuild got installed. Somebody on IRC mentioned that similar problems had only been reported when somebody was using a perl of the wrong architecture.

Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org
Fink User Liaison and Documenter

Did a reinstall. same error occurs.
I did a fiink selfupdate-cvs earlier and it replaced the fink directory. The previous fink directory was copied to fink.old by this operation. I don't know if I should get rid of that directory. Maybe that is causing problems.

Richard E. Miles