Hello,

I sent this request to octave-help and they suggested that I ask fink
since that's how I installed it.  If you think I should bug them
please let me know.  I'm running Mac OS x 10.5.5 on my MacBook Pro
with Xcode 3.1.1.

The basic problem is that the plots in octave,  which uses gnuplot,
look really good.  Unfortunately, when I export it to a file it uses a
different fault.  In particular, an ugly font.  I recently figured out
how to change the font of the x,y labels and the title by specifying
which font to use by telling it where.  The syntax is

set (0, 'defaulttextfontname', '/Library/Fonts/Arial');

where I have a file called Arial.ttf in the above mentioned directory.

When I export the figure as a png those fonts look great but the axis
fonts still look awful.  Is there a similar command that will change
the axis font and size?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Francis