Martin Costabel wrote:
[]
> more input. Maybe this scons thing does not work with python26; I'll
> test further.

This is now confirmed. The scons system has in
/sw/lib/scons-1.0.1/SCons/Environment.py a horribly complicated Append()
function for constructing compiler flags, and this does not work with
python-2.6. Thus the package needs a

BuildConflicts: python

"fink remove python" let the build proceed until it crashed with the

> Undefined symbols:
>    "_XFlush"

error. This one is caused by the recent removal of x11 dependencies from
the gdk-x11-2.0.pc script in the new version of gtk+2-dev. Other
packages have been hit by this, but they used configure scripts, not
scons. I don't know any scons (nor do I want to learn it), but it seems
to me that replacing the line

         env.ParseConfig('pkg-config --libs libglade-2.0')

in SConstruct by

         env.ParseConfig('pkg-config --libs libglade-2.0 fontconfig x11
xext xrender xinerama xrandr xcursor xfixes xcomposite xdamage')

will fix this bug. A patchscript line that does this would be

perl -pi -e 's|libs libglade-2.0|$& fontconfig x11 xext xrender xinerama
xrandr xcursor xfixes xcomposite xdamage|' SConstruct

--
Martin