* Alexander Hansen on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 13:01:43 -0400
> Christian Ebert wrote:
>> The new gnome-doc-utils requires libxml2-py25 which in turn
>> requires python25. I already have fink's python26 installed.
>> Which is a bit much as there's already system's Python 2.5.
>>
> They're not identical, though.  Our Python has X11 support, and the
> system's does not, for one thing.

Of course. This was just from the "clutter" perspective.

>> To experiment I made a local info file for gnome-doc-utils with
>> the dependencies bumped up to 26, and it compiled file.
>>
>> Assuming that I won't fall into traps with this, is it possible
>> for such dependencies to require just a fink python, but not
>> version specific?
>>
> Not if the package encodes what python it used anywhere (e.g. in scripts).

grep -ri python /sw/bin/gnome* gives nothing, neither in
/sw/share/gnome-doc-utils, only in
/sw/share/gnome/xml/gnome/xslt/ but nothing version specific.

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]
_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/
                          http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/index-en.html