Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Daniel Johnson wrote:
[]
>> I know that fontforge builds on i386/10.5 and x86_64/10.6.
>>
>> This looks like a case of upgrading from 10.5 and using packages  
>> built with xquartz. The only workaround is to rebuild all X11 using  
>> packages, unfortunately.
>>
>> Daniel
> 
> Is there a quick and simple way to determine which packages I've  
> installed depend upon X11?

As your last error message showed, it is not only the X11-dependent 
packages that are concerned by Apple's removal of *.la files. It can be 
basically anything.

What you could test, before throwing away /sw and starting from scratch, 
is to remove all *.la files from fink:

   sudo find /sw/lib -name \*\.la -delete

(I hope this time I got it right).
This might need to be repeated when a dev package is swapped in from an 
already compiled package.

Remove also the *.la files in /usr/X11/lib if you created them.

Then try to build fontforge and your other packages.

-- 
Martin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day 
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on 
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with 
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to