I followed the instructions to switch to snow leopard. I've deleted
all Fink's .la files and have rebuilt the packages when the missing
files were needed when running an update-all. All went rather well.
Now I'm having trouble with tetex.
With the simple latex document ...
> \documentclass[12pt,letterpaper]{article}
> \begin{document}
> hello
> \end{document}
My TeXShop preference have ...
Default Command: Latex
Default Script: Tex + DVI
Tex: altpdflatex
Latex: altpdflatex
When I typeset, I get ...
### This is /sw/bin/altpdflatex, Version $Revision: 2.14 $
### /sw/bin/latex test.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german,
ngerman, b
ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch,
esperanto, e
stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar,
norsk, polis
h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish,
swedish, tur
kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.
(/sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class
(/sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size12.clo)) (./test.aux) [1] (./
test.aux)
)
Output written on test.dvi (1 page, 220 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.
### /sw/bin/dvips -R -Poutline -o /tmp/altpdflatex.53342/-n test.ps -
n test.dvi
/sw/bin/dvips: ! Bad number of pages option (-n).
### FAILED to generate /tmp/altpdflatex.53342/-n test.ps ()
It doesn't appear my switch to Snow Leopard changed either dvips or
altpdflatex.
$ ls -l /sw/bin/dvips
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 230476 2008-07-18 01:14 /sw/bin/dvips
$ ls -l /sw/bin/altpdflatex
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 9 2009-07-10 11:16 /sw/bin/altpdflatex ->
altpdftex
Meanwhile the simple sequence below works
> latex test.tex
> dvips -f test.dvi > test.ps
> ps2pdf13 test.ps > test.pdf
Any ideas as to what happened to break TeXShop?
Ben
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users