Martin Diers wrote:
> I am on an upgraded system, 10.5->10.6, so everything should still be
> 32-bit. As I understand it, you don't get 64-bit Fink unless you
> bootstrap from scratch, and I surely didn't do that.
> 
> OCaml fails with the following error:
> 
> /tmp/camlasmb6d1cf.s:656:32-bit absolute addressing is not supported for
> x86-64
> 
> This appears several dozen times, and then the compile fails.

A lot of packages don't build yet on 10.6/32bit. The default compiler 
option there is to build 64bit binaries, and Fink goes to some lengths 
(but sometimes not far enough) to ensure that if you have a 32bit Fink, 
the compilers build 32bit binairies. Fixing all packages that still (try 
to) build 64bit binaries will take some time.

-- 
Martin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day 
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on 
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with 
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to