On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:01:16PM +0100, Moritz Kaiser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it seems the update of the gimp2-packages refer to a wrong package name.
> My fink lists "gcc42", but no "gcc4.2"
>
> hence:
> --------8<------*snip*
> m-ks-computer:~ mk$ fink install gimp2-default
> Information about 9635 packages read in 2 seconds.
> Can't resolve dependency "gcc4.2" for package "gimp2-2.6.6-5" (no
> matching packages/versions found)
> Exiting with failure.
> m-ks-computer:~ mk$
>
> --------8<------*snip*

What OS X version? "gcc4.x" is a compiler from XCode, and I think
gcc4.2 is available from XCode starting with OS X 10.5. "gcc4x" is a
fink package, and I only assume it actually has the same compiler
pieces. But at a minimum, the files are installed at different
locations, and gimp2 package might hard-code where to find the files.

I mentioned this problem to $maintainer last night...apparently the
only reason gcc4.2 is needed is to avoid a bug in other compilers on
the x86_64 arch, so we pondered whether there should be a separate
build for just that one (with everyone else using the normal
compiler).

dan

--
Daniel Macks